Becoming a member of IDA offers countless career possibilities and membership benefits.
- The IDA offers many networking opportunities to establish connections with other designers, potential employers, and allied professionals. Seeking a mentor? Or looking to give back and become a volunteer? The IDA can help you connect. Plus you become a part of the larger IDC (Interior Designers of Canada) Community - with over 3000 members nationwide and growing. IDC is committed to supporting emerging interior design professionals.
- Participate in industry-pro-rated trade missions, discounted ticket prices to IIDEX and other design-related events both at a regional and national level. Gain access to online learning opportunities, facility tours and local accredited seminar sessions to further professional development. Stay up-to-date with exclusive access to industry news through news online bulletins and social media resources.
Further Your Business;
- The IDA provides access to many professional tools and development opportunities - from discounted industry-specific insurance, access to model contract forms, salary surveys and other business resources. Promote your skills by competing in sponsored design competitions and have your business listed in the online trade directory. And enhance your credibility to prospective employers and clients by membership in an organization with a proven track record.
Have Your Say;
- Support initiatives for the advancement of the interior design profession at a local level. Become an active member in your design community and have a say in the shaping of your profession in the areas of self-regulation and education. Together we are stronger.
IDA is represented nationally by Interior Designers of Canada (IDC). The benefits offered through IDC to IDA Members include:
- Registered Members are automatically members of IDC, the national association for interior designers;
- Access to IIDEX/NeoCon Canada, the largest exposition and conference in the country for the design industry;
- Online access to job opportunities through IDC's Career Centre;
- Opportunity for firms to participate in Firm+Co, IDC's national referral service FINDinteriordesigner.org;
- Online access to tools such as Request for Proposal (RFP);
- Inclusion in the annual IDC Membership Directory;
- Information on current events, news and trends through IDC's monthly e-newsletter, ID Connections; dimensions magazine, as part of Canadian Interiors;
- Networking opportunities at national and local/Chapter events and social functions and continuing education seminars;
- NCIDQ practice sessions for Provisional members to help prepare for the exam and achieve Registered member status;
- Variety of discounted programs, benefits and products;
- Discounted insurance rates for liability and E & O insurance policies, saving hundreds of dollars on annual premiums;
- Ability to purchase Association-produced industry tools such as a Building Code Applications Manual, Industry and Salary Surveys and Standard Form Contracts;
- Subscription to Canadian Interiors magazine.
- Registered Members have access to trade missions promoting commerce with other countries.
For more information on IDA member benefits, please contact email@example.com